DIVISION: Ready Mix
DATE PREPARED: Oct 2016
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Lab Manager
REVISED: Aug 2020
FLSA: This is a Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for ensuring that strict quality control standards in concrete and aggregates are met according to contract and customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Reads and interprets requirements for ready mix design concrete.
- Safely collects samples and performs tests on material to ensure that all contract specifications are met.
- Familiar with and able to use all equipment in the Lab.
- Ensures that all environmental standards are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines
- Ability to operate lab equipment and PC workstation.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Willing to Travel
- Must be Authorized to Work in the US
- RK Hall, LLC conducts post-conditional offer background check, fitness for duty evaluation, and pre-employment drug testing.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Asphalt Plant Lab environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions and utilize independent reasoning and use good English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out complex instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
- Ability to discern when other parties need to be involved in validating priorities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job Site Field Office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderately loud. Occasionally exposed to warm temperatures.
Personal Protective Equipment
Individuals wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as required by OSHA and/or MSHA and company policy. Protective equipment that may be required for this position includes, but is not limited to: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Safety Apparel, Fall Protection, Gloves, Welding Gloves, Hearing Protection, Padlocks for Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Safety (hard toe) boots, occasional use of Heat Resistant Apparel.
EEO STATEMENT RK Hall, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
RK Hall, LLC is an integrated asphalt paving, construction, aggregates, and ready-mix concrete company based in Paris, Texas. RK Hall operates multiple asphalt plants, ready mix concrete plants, quarries and sand and gravel operations in Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
RK Hall, LLC is an operating company of Summit Materials. Summit Materials was formed to acquire and grow heavy-side building materials companies in the aggregates, ready-mix concrete, cement, asphalt paving, and construction industries. Summit is committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed our environmental and social responsibilities. Since Summit’s formation, the company has completed more than 35 acquisitions forming 11 platform companies spanning 17 states and Western Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.