DIVISION: Ready Mix
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Dispatch Manager
FLSA: This is a Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt position
______________________________________________________________________ COMPANY INFORMATION
RK Hall LLC is part of Summit Materials. Summit Materials was formed to acquire and grow heavy-side building materials companies in the aggregates, ready-mix concrete, cement, asphalt paving, and construction industries. Summit is committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed our environmental and social responsibilities. Since Summit’s formation, the company has completed more than 35 acquisitions forming 11 platform companies spanning 17 states and Western Canada.
This position requires management resources in adherence with all company standards, policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all federal and state regulations. Responsible for scheduling and dispatching deliveries of concrete efficiently and according to customer Specifications as well as company policies. Must be able to encourage maximum production in the safest manner possible at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong computer, phone, and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple applications.
- Position requires extended work hours with ability to handle a stressful environment with multiple and conflicting demands.
- Proven record of dependability.
- Good attention to detail in order entry and documentation.
- Proficient at using Command dispatch software and knowledge of GPS truck tracking System (TrackIt).
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Experience and knowledge in the ready-mix concrete industry will be valuable.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Two-year previous experience in Customer Service or Dispatching.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Self-Control and persuasive skills
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Typing Speed of at least 30 WPM
- Ability to adapt to other computer software.
- Experience with Command Series, TrackIt and Schedulecom are preferred.
- Intermediate to advance with Excel. Experience with Pivot tables and Macros are a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees and managers
- Effective conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to read, write and do mathematics.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
This position operates in a clerical office setting. Office environment will include suitable work areas and standard office equipment. Policies and procedures focused on safety will apply. When visiting work sites work consists of activities which include navigating heights, and exposure to elements such as dust, changes in temperature and weather. Required safety equipment will be issued and policies and procedures focused on safety will apply.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing and walking. Requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend as necessary. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 20 pounds.
May be exposed to extremes of hot or cold weather.
EEO / AA Employer / Vet / Disabled Statement
RK Hall LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.