DIVISION: Ready Mix
SUPERVISOR: Shop Foreman
FLSA: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Performs maintenance and repairs for multiple types of autos and trucks including commercial motor vehicles, such as internal combustion engines, air compressors. May perform the duties of a welder in repair of such equipment. Performs other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
Must be able to perform the following duties:
- Lubrication: Oil, air, and fuel filtration, grease points and capacities, inspection techniques to detect abnormal conditions.
- Paint and Body: Body work and painting procedures.
- Machine Shop Familiarization: Welding and burning equipment and operations of lathes, saws, shapers, grinder and presses.
- Injector-Governor: The operation and service of fuel injector pumps and nozzles, and engine governors.
- Water Cooled Engine Rebuild: Assist in the complete overhaul and testing of gas and diesel engines.
- Transmissions and Rear Ends: Assist in the complete overhaul of the various mechanisms used to transfer engineer horsepower to active effort.
- Air Cooled Engines: Assist in the complete overhaul of the various air cooled engines and their applications.
- Equipment Parts Familiarization: The Parts Catalogs, procurement, handling, storage, and cost of equipment parts.
- Starters, Generators & Voltage Regulators: Assist in the complete overhaul of the various starters, generators and voltage regulators.
- Equipment Shop: Assist in the repair and overhaul of the various equipment which will include insofar as is practical, autos and trucks, rollers, subgrade mixers, motor graders, compactors, pumps, and air compressors–their power plants, transmissions, controls and accessories, etc.
- Equipment Field: The role of the field mechanic is to make the repairs necessary in the field and perform preventive maintenance practices necessary to increase service life of the equipment.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, inspectors, engineers, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Policies, Programs & Procedures Manual and OSHA/MSHA.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Individuals wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as required by OSHA and/or MSHA and company policy. Protective equipment that may be required for this position includes, but is not limited to: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Safety Apparel, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Respiratory Protection, Safety (hard toe) boots.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities. In some instances, must have a Commercial Drivers’ License and necessary endorsements: heavy straight vehicle (Group B). In vehicles with GVWR of 10,001 to 26,000 GVWR. In such cases employee will be required to pass DOT physical substance abuse test along with completing the required driver qualification file paperwork. Must meet the physical requirements set forth in applicable State and Federal regulations governing persons operating heavy motor vehicles. Air brake skills test required for all vehicles that have air brakes. RK Hall, LLC conducts post-conditional offer background check, fitness for duty evaluation, and pre-employment drug testing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires the following motions: climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving, riding, pushing, pulling, vibrating, twisting, kneeling, walking, standing, lying, rolling, reaching, hammering. Requires lifting of up to 50 pounds. Frequency of lifting depends on repairs being made and item being repaired. Uses tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, hammer, saw, file/rasp, drift pins, pry bar, sledge hammer, hoist, jacks, grinders, paint sprayer, presses, cutting torch, pneumatic wrenches and impact tools, gauges, measuring devices. Overtime work is often required. May be exposed to extremes of hot, cold and wet weather. Requires riding to and from job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to humid conditions and extreme heat or cold. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud. Protective equipment may be required.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.